Contest started on June 29 and will run through August 4th (Gen Con Indy starts then). The challenge is to come up with a new 10 second pitch to get someone interested in RPGs. We feel this is a great way to promote the hobby. We already have some great entries from the philanthropists at 1KM1KT. The way they jumped in, you can tell these guys really love RPGs. Here are their entries.
“Movies, Video Games, Television, Books – what do these have in common? They are all multibillion dollar industries that tell stories – and we pay a premium price for them. There is an alternative, more interactive than video games, for pocket change! Let me tell you about role playing games…”
* A book, a few friends, a handful of dice, and limitless possibility.
* Some people play for a couple of points and bragging rights. Others gamble for a few dollars. When we play, we save worlds.
* You take the blue book – the story begins, you wake up in an unknown star-ship, and believe you’re near Centauri Prime. You take the red book – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the Labyrinth goes. (Yes, this paraphrased from “The Matrix”)
* Because you can’t put “last of their kind transhuman space-pirate destined to topple the empire” on your actual resume.
* Batteries, lag, network outages, our style of role-playing has none of that.
* Sixty dollars spent on videogames grants you twenty hours of staring at a screen, shouting at people you’ve never met. Sixty dollars spent on RPG materials means months of adventures with your best friends.
Wanna throw your hat in the ring? Comment your entry HERE.
Bubba Brown has been having fun recording the entries in audio. You can hear them on the 1KM1KT thread. Let’s give him some more material to record! Submit your entry today, multiple entries are allowed.